[zfs-discuss] Re: Getting a handle on the current weak areas of ZFS-on-Linux

Sam Fourman Jr. sfourman at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 10:57:12 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 5:29 PM, anthony11 <aad at dreamsnake.net> wrote:

> For me a blaring weak area is the ashift stuff - Joe Sysadmin (and even I)
> have little idea of what model disk has/claims what sector size.  I'd
> reeeeally like for ZoL to just figure it out and do the right thing.

I have been following this thread, and it would appear FreeBSD just made
some progress in fixing this issue... the commit message in the following
change is lengthy, but it is a good read for those interested.
Fresh commit here:
http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/cmd/zpool/zpool_main.c?view=log&pathrev=254591

--

Sam Fourman Jr.