[zfs-discuss] Re: Oddity on upgrade

paul.totterman at gmail.com paul.totterman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 02:58:32 EDT 2013

> Upgraded an Ubuntu 12.04 system from 0.6.0 rc14 to 0.6.1 and upgraded the
> kernel from 3.2.0.37 to 3.2.0.40. DKMS did its thing new modules built and
> installed successfully.

I've had this problem with both 0.6.1 and 0.6.2. Can't recall if it was
always related to an upgrade.

On reboot everything is fine except that the root filesystem  of my pool
> has the property readonly=on source=temporary. I can't write to that file
> system, not files, can't create a new directory etc. Can create a new
> filesystem in that pool but can't mount it because I can't create a
> mountpoint. etc..

For me it wasn't the root filesystem, but a large, 50TB filesystem. I
finally solved the temporary readonly with a reboot, since nothing else
seemed to help. I didn't try export/import, though.

Cheers,
Paul