[zfs-discuss] Re: Ubuntu 12.04 zfs hang

Darik Horn dajhorn at vanadac.com
Sat May 4 20:49:09 EDT 2013

On Sat, May 4, 2013 at 7:05 PM,  <gerrit.vanklaveren at gmail.com> wrote:
> dmesg | grep ZFS:
> [    2.341313] ZFS: Loaded module v0.6.1-rc14, ZFS pool version 5000, ZFS
> filesystem version 5
>
> It mounts just fine in freenas(which is where I made the zpool)
>
> # zpool import
>
> Just hangs

Try these things in order:

1. Run `zpool import -d /dev/disk/by-id MyPool`

2. Unset any share properties that came from the FreeNAS system.  ZoL
is imperfectly compatible with NFS and Samba settings for other
platforms.  You might need to temporarily disable nfsd or smbd to
actually import the pool and do this.

3. Reboot, and after the import hangs, post the dmesg, kern, and
system logs to http://gist.github.com/ and mention the links here or
in a Github issue ticket.  Don't change or omit anything in these
files.

--
Darik Horn <dajhorn at vanadac.com>