[zfs-discuss] Full Ubuntu 12.04 Compiles Instructions

Darik Horn dajhorn at vanadac.com
Sun May 5 09:31:56 EDT 2013

On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 4:14 AM, Greg Zapp <greg.zapp at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anybody know if there are full Ubuntu 12.04 compile instructions
> kicking around?  The daily PPA has, unfortunately, not been updated
> recently.  I'm pitting ZFS and ZFS+ZVOLS up against the standard MD and
> MD+LVM on some 1TB Velociraptors and would like to benchmark the latest code
> before I start posting results...

Build instructions for the PPA are available at:

* https://github.com/zfsonlinux/pkg-zfs

You can do the job like this:

  apt-get build-dep zfs-linux
  git clone git://github.com/zfsonlinux/pkg-zfs.git
  cd pkg-zfs

  git checkout upstream
  git pull git://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs.git
  git checkout snapshot/ubuntu/precise
  git merge upstream
  git-dch --auto --snapshot
  ./debian/rules binary

Alternatively, you can disable the PPA, purge the packages, and do a
`make deb` in the regular source tree.

--
Darik Horn <dajhorn at vanadac.com>