[zfs-discuss] Arc limiting guide

Schlacta, Christ aarcane at aarcane.org
Mon May 6 20:26:09 EDT 2013

I'm looking for a way to determine how much arc is useful. Obviously with
primary cache= all, ram up to the size of your data set would be useful.
Instead, I refer to the case of primary cache= metadata. I'd imagine the
same guidelines can be applied to l2arc with similar guidelines.

This is a common issue. How much cache do I need/will be useful? I'd like
to have an entry added to the faq once a consensus can be reached.
Similarly, I'd like a faq entry for zil sizes.