[zfs-discuss] Zpool Vs ZFS Space

moi at nonooo.eu moi at nonooo.eu
Wed May 8 05:15:11 EDT 2013

to my understanding for the second disk it should be like this:

(for the second vdev)

27.2 /10 = 2.72 * 2 = 5.44

27.2 - 5.44 =
21.76 about the same than 20.4 ??

I do not see where you see the
3.6...

Le 08/05/2013 06:03, Greg Zapp a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I have
seen multiple threads on this but they have never been resolved to my
satisfaction particularly for what I'm seeing:

> RAIDZ2 on 12
disks(yeah, I know)
> /#zpool list
> NAME SIZE ALLOC FREE CAP DEDUP
HEALTH ALTROOT
> tank 32.5T 1.72M 32.5T 0% 1.00x ONLINE -
> /# zfs
list
> NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT
> tank 1.13M 24.4T 311K /tank
>

> RAIDZ2 on 10 disks:
> /# zpool list
> NAME SIZE ALLOC FREE CAP DEDUP
HEALTH ALTROOT
> tank 27.2T 1.44M 27.2T 0% 1.00x ONLINE -
> /# zfs
list
> NAME USED AVAIL REFER MOUNTPOINT
> tank 1.13M 20.4T 311K /tank
>

> First of all, the pool sizes are roughly equivalent to RAID5, not
RAID6. Second, the zfs available is less than it should be for factoring
in 2 parity and taking out 1/64th of the total space for overhead. It
doesn't even matter which end you take the 1/64th out of, it just
doesn't stack up. I'm shy about 5TB on the 12 disk RAIDZ2, and about
3.6TB on the 10 disk RAIDZ2! Anybody know what's up with this?

Thanks,