[zfs-discuss] Kernel Updates Break ZFS

Swâmi Petaramesh swami at petaramesh.org
Wed May 8 09:20:46 EDT 2013

Le 08/05/2013 15:16, Mike Bolgar a écrit :
> I have Ubuntu 12.04.  Whenever they release new kernel updates, ZFS no
> longer works.  So, I have to remember to boot into the last working
> kernel to be able to use ZFS.  Is there a way around this?  Or do I
> have to wait for the updated ZFS to be released?

When I had Ubuntu 12.04, each time I upgraded the kernel, I took care to
issue
"sudo apt-get install --reinstall spl-dkms zfs-dkms" BEFORE rebooting
into the new kernel, or SPL / ZFS modules wouldn't be compiled for it.

--
Swâmi Petaramesh <swami at petaramesh.org> http://petaramesh.org PGP 9076E32E
Ne cherchez pas : Je ne suis pas sur Facebook.