[zfs-discuss] Re: can't get second ZFS pool to automount

LosingMy ZFS losingmyzfs at gmail.com
Mon May 20 10:30:23 EDT 2013

On Monday, May 20, 2013 6:57:30 AM UTC-5, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

> > Good thought to check, but unfortunately there is no rabbit in this
> hat...
> > hostid is unchanging boot to boot:
>
> Short version is it won't work as seamless as you might want.
>
> Long version, for Darik's version of mountall to work properly, you
> should not load zfs module in initramfs. In other words, no zfs root.
> If you use both rpool and another pool, you get what you described.
>
> A workaround is to create a custom initscript/upstart job that does a
> "zpool import -f" for that pool. That's what I do. You already do a
> "zpool import -f" for the rpool anyway.

Well that's certainly a workaround (one I was trying to avoid in case I had
"missed" something).  Is this a known bug?  If not, seems like I should
open one on it.

The weird thing is that the first array that I built (the mirror image of
this one) DOES automount both pools every time!  That's why I've been kind
of going crazy thinking that I missed something.