[zfs-discuss] Re: Copying a file from one ZFS to another starves all other processes

Ryan How ryan at zbit.net.au
Wed May 22 02:50:01 EDT 2013

I've compiled against Ubuntu Raring Kernel (GIT Head).

Just has default kernel config + a few filesystems + network drivers +
devtmpfs

Seems to be a bit more stable than it was before. But still get the same
issue. Maybe I should set up a straight ubuntu box and see if it works.

On a side note, if there any way to throttle a cp ?. Maybe if I throttle
it (I shouldn't have to!) at least it won't kill the system. ionice
doesn't seem to make any difference.

Thanks, Ryan