[zfs-discuss] MySQL Performance Blog about ZoL

Gordan Bobic gordan.bobic at gmail.com
Thu May 30 15:59:18 EDT 2013

On 05/30/2013 08:16 PM, Eri Ramos Bastos wrote:
> Thought you guys would be interested:
>
> http://www.mysqlperformanceblog.com/2013/05/24/zfs-on-linux-and-mysql/

I saw that the other day (I'm a MySQL admin among other things). Half
the performance of XFS was a little disappointing, but it actually makes
perfect sense and is expected. XFS on RAID10 will be spreading the reads
between all the disks. ZFS will do every read from both mirrors in order
to verify the integrity of the data, hence half the I/O capacity and
thus half the throughput.

The price of extra safety.

Gordan