[zfs-discuss] Lost data from a RAIDZ2

Gordan Bobic gordan.bobic at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 05:33:59 EDT 2013

ECC is no longer a motherboard feature but a CPU feature. Non Xeon Intel
CPUs generally don't support ECC (there are some exceptions but relatively
few) - and Xeons are expensive.

Just about all AMD CPUs support ECC RAM (including HP microservers, which
are dirt cheap), however, so for budget servers AMD is probably the way
forward.