[zfs-discuss] getting current values

aurfalien aurfalien at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 17:16:24 EDT 2013

On Oct 18, 2013, at 2:00 PM, Richard Yao wrote:

> On 10/18/2013 04:51 PM, aurfalien wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Migrating from the FreeBSD world were I was used to getting current values such as arc_max via;
>>
>> sysctl vfs.zfs.arc_max
>>
>> How would I do this in Linux?
>>
>> I can set them, but I'd like to know what there current values are.
>>
>> Or can I assume they are the same as FreeBSD such as l2arc_headroom being 2 etc...
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> - aurf

> You likely want to look at `/proc/spl/kstat/zfs/arcstats`.
>
> Module parameters can be adjusted by echoing into the appropriate file
> in `/sys/module/zfs/parameters/`.

Ok this is interesting as for example, /sys/module/zfs/zfs/parameters/zfs_arc_{max, min} are both 0.

Plus, I've been setting values in a /etc/modprobe.d/zfs file.

So I'm still at a loss on how to really get those current live values.  Unless 0 in the above example really is the current value for arc max and arc min?

- aurf