[zfs-discuss] PostgreSQL on ZFS

Sander Klein roedie at roedie.nl
Sat Oct 19 14:39:35 EDT 2013

On 19.10.2013 19:52, Gregor Kopka wrote:
> Am 19.10.2013 18:56, schrieb Durval Menezes:
>
>> I'm very interested in this. What is a "good/safe" arc/l2arc
>> proportion?
>>
>> On Oct 19, 2013 1:52 PM, "Fajar A. Nugraha" <list at fajar.net> wrote:

>>> Surely 32G ARC is more than enough to hold headers for 200G L2ARC?
>
>  A quick search brought me this
> http://www.mail-archive.com/zfs-discuss@opensolaris.org/msg34677.html
> [1]

Thanks very much Gregor. It never crossed my mind that the ARC must
hold the headers for the L2ARC. Moreover, since I use an 8K recordsize
the ARC must hold much more headers than if I used the 128K recordsize.
This is why I never hit the limit before on any of my other servers.

I will make the ARC bigger.

Greets,

Sander