[zfs-discuss] FreeBSD 9.2 raidz | hdd replacement

Gavin Chappell gavin.chappell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 19:45:08 EDT 2013

I don't think you'll be able to now. If it was from a fresh disk, you'd
need to use the partitioning utilities (fdisk etc) to make the partition
table on ada2 the same as the others, and then run the zfs replace command
using ada2p3 as the new drive.

However, now you've put the full drive in, I don't think you can pull it
out again. Others may know differently however.