[zfs-discuss] Lost data from a RAIDZ2

guspaz at gmail.com guspaz at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 20:22:18 EDT 2013

For some bizarre reason, all of Intel's Haswell i3 chips support ECC.
They'd actually probably make pretty good CPUs to put in a ZFS box. Apart
from only being dual-core, the i3-4340 (
http://ark.intel.com/products/77771/Intel-Core-i3-4340-Processor-4M-Cache-3_60-GHz)
is no slouch. 3.6 GHz Haswell ain't half bad.

Some of their embedded chips support ECC too, but most of them are meant
for soldering and not sockets. The only one left of note is probably
the i5-4570TE... it's a bunch slower than most i3 chips, so the only real
advantage that it's a 35W TDP part that supports turbo (with a max turbo
speed of 3.3).

Regards, Adam.