[zfs-discuss] Shuffling disks around a 2 x mirror pool

Gordan Bobic gordan.bobic at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 06:07:06 EDT 2013

I had a very similar problem recently, where replacing a disk with the same
sector count by only specifying the raw block device didn't work, and the
partition table being created was different. Re-creating the same
partitions as on the existing disks allowed me to replace a disk by
directly referencing the partition. I think there was a bug/feature that
causes this introduced at some point.