[zfs-discuss] Re: ZFS+NFS Failover

grenville.whelan at googlemail.com grenville.whelan at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 13 06:43:34 EDT 2013

Hi, we here at High-Availability.com supply RSF-1 to provide High
Availability for ZFS and support Solaris / OpenIndiana / illumos / Linux /
FreeBSD and various other variants. The product supports Active/Passive and
Active/Active HA capability on 2-node as well as N+1 architectures and
provides for manual and automatic failover between cluster nodes.

The most important thing about managing data (ZFS pools) is protecting
against split-brain scenarios, and we use SCSI PGR3 reservations to fully
protect data.

RSF-1 is used by many open storage vendors as their "HA plugin" and we
have, to date, deployed close to 2,000 ZFS HA Clusters around the world.

More information is available at http://www.high-availability.com and we
are happy to facilitate live evaluations.

Thanks
Grenville Whelan
High-Availability.com