[zfs-discuss] Re: Moderate write speeds on Ubuntu

magnawave at gmail.com magnawave at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 12:03:03 EDT 2013

I'd be tempted to look at the iostat data for the drives - during the
writes, and see if the physical platters are busy with the writes.  That
would help determine where the bottleneck is.  Its possible there is
seeking or something else going on.   (for example I tested ZFS on Linux
once upon a time on an LVM partition and with the LVM journalling seeking
and the ZFS journalling, the write performance was terrible - but that's
because the disks WERE busy seeking with the conflicting sync seeks)

For what its worth, I use the same OS release and have no problem
saturating GigE(~110MB/s) doing fileserver writes via AFP with ZFS on Linux.