[zfs-discuss] OpenZFS

Behlendorf, Brian D. behlendorf1 at llnl.gov
Wed Sep 18 15:34:47 EDT 2013

Prakash is exactly right, OpenZFS won't replace the ZFS on Linux
project, But what it will do is help facilitate communication and coordination
between the various implementations.  The goal is to make OpenZFS as
cross platform portable as possible and to minimize the differences
between the implementations.  Today the differences between ZoL and
illumos/OpenZFS are significant but by working through OpenZFS we will
be able to reduce those differences over time.  It will also help us ensure
new features are developed to be as portable as possible.

Thanks,
Brian