[zfs-discuss] ubuntu 12.04 LTS update killed me again

Helmut Hullen Hullen at t-online.de
Tue Sep 24 06:42:00 EDT 2013

Hallo, Lyndon,

Du meintest am 23.09.13:

[...]

> Now my pool (tank1) has a "corrupt header" and showing ZFS-8000-5E
> error.

> This is my backup & work area, and no backups !.
> How am I supposed to backup 4+ TB @ home ?

After many experiments I now use "Sharkoon 5-Bay", an external case for
max. 5 HDs, connected to a computer via eSATa or USB3. And I use the
option "jbod" with ext4 (no RAID). Cheap, reliable.

In my special case (a collection of videos) I only run a 1:1 backup. For
other purposes I'd run "rsnapshot" as backup program.

Viele Gruesse!
Helmut