[zfs-discuss] ZOL eventually eats 100% of my RAM

Bob Paddock bob.paddock at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 10:32:30 EST 2014

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 8:13 AM, david <david.bruzos at jaxport.com> wrote:
> * Environment:
>
> I have multiple systems running ZOL... The distribution is Gentoo

I run ZFS on my Gentoo based desktop machine, small document archive system.

Same thing happens here.  I can watch the memory usage slowly creep up
till it reaches 50% of memory.  Have 32G of RAM.  Once 50% is reached
I have to reboot the machine.

> the ZOL version is 0.6.3 and the kernel is greater than 3.13 in all cases.

Using 6.3 as well.  Have had it happen with all Kernels.  Running
3.16.1 right now.  Waiting for the patches for 3.17.

I did see there was some newer ZFS ebuild released in the last week or
so that I plan to install to see if there is any improvement.

> eventually ZFS will start rapidly hogging RAM until user space processes
> begin to die and the box has to be reset.

Box gets so slow it is unusable.

--
http://blog.softwaresafety.net/
http://www.designer-iii.com/