[zfs-discuss] Can I change the priority of ZoL's I/O threads?

Michael Kjörling michael at kjorling.se
Sun Dec 28 18:46:22 EST 2014

On 23 Dec 2014 17:04 +0000, from michael at kjorling.se (Michael Kjörling):
> This is probably going to sound crazy, but is there any way to reduce
> the priority of ZoL's I/O pipeline threads a notch or two?

Not exactly what I was looking for, but probably a better solution to
my problem. I was already using both "ionice" and "nice", but without
any special parameters to either.

Specifying ionice class 3 (idle) and nice adjustment 19 (lowest
priority) appears to have had largely the desired effect.

Wish I had thought of that earlier...

Michael Kjörling • https://michael.kjorling.semichael at kjorling.se
OpenPGP B501AC6429EF4514 https://michael.kjorling.se/public-keys/pgp