[zfs-discuss] Re: Moving files between filesystems on the same pool

Garrett Fields ghfields at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 18:36:02 EST 2014

As you are talking about moving between filesystems in the same pool, I
believe a variation of this idea could help for space efficiency on restore
from snapshots.  As I understand it, if you delete a file, go to snapshot,
and copy it back out, you have two copies of the file within the same
filesystem, one referenced by the snapshot/s, and the new copy on the
current version of the filesystem. It would be nice if you could recreate
the current filesystem link that was destroyed by the deletion.