[zfs-discuss] Upgrading vdev to ashift=12 from 9?

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Sat Jan 4 07:59:53 EST 2014

On Jan 4, 2014, at 11:57 AM, C├ędric Lemarchand wrote:

> A possible way would maybe be to use an eSATA card (4 slots) and external eSATA enclosures  ? for exemple :

Yes, yes. And then I need a motherboard, a CPU, enough (at least 16GB) memory, a case big enough.
And enough disks (6x4TB at least so I get some redundancy) and with that I'll need a beefier PSU
than most cases come with... And if I'm unlucky, I probably need an extra SATA card as well...

It all adds up! Once you start adding things up, it's not as cheap as it sounds any more. Trust me,
I've been looking into this for over two months...