[zfs-discuss] Undeletable directory in my pool

Daniel Smedegaard Buus danielbuus at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 13:33:20 EST 2014

Ah, crap! Now I'm running into another issue with ZoL that I've been
bugging with for awhile... Every time I create a new fs, I get the
equivalent of

filesystem '/titanic/strange1' cannot be mounted, unable to open the dataset
cannot mount 'titanic/strange1': Invalid argument

— until I reboot.

It's been like this forever. Worked fine with ZFS-FUSE. If I use zpool dev
names from anything but /dev/sd[a-z] when importing the pool, I can _never_
mount any FS except the root pool, so I have to import using -d /dev/ even
though I have named my partitions so that I can know exactly which drive
has failed when it happens. Frustrating, because when I reboot with an
external drive, the pool gets all messed up :)

I can do this maybe Sunday, but as for now, I cannot reboot the box. I'll
get back to you :)