[zfs-discuss] Re: Fragmentation vs traditional linux FS and ZFS as a datastore for SQL db's

Pongrácz István pongracz.istvan at gmail.com
Sat Jan 18 07:49:58 EST 2014

----------------eredeti üzenet-----------------
Feladó: "Gordan Bobic" gordan.bobic at gmail.com
Címzett: zfs-discuss at zfsonlinux.org
Dátum: Sat, 18 Jan 2014 11:59:44 +0000

> So unless my math above is out by an order of magnitude somewhere, flash
> write endurance is a non-issue even for the most pathological of loads.
>
> Gordan

Hi Gordan,

I just wondering, what about the missing TRIM function when one using SSDs?

I plan to drop two or more database servers based on zfs on SSD and I am not really afraid of the wearing, but I do not know what happens if the TRIM time comes?

I plan to drop much more capacity than necessary, but I think the time for TRIM could come soon or later.

What do you think?

Cheers,
István