[zfs-discuss] Bash autocomplete when installing manually built debs from generic tarballs

Aneurin Price aneurin.price at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 07:40:30 EST 2015

On 20 December 2015 at 12:26, Mai Ling via zfs-discuss
<zfs-discuss at list.zfsonlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> Any suggestions, please?
>
> Sent using CloudMagic

> I am temporarily using manually built debs until 0.6.5.3 reaches wheezy and
> jessie repos.
>
> Noticed that I am missing the bash zpool/zfs/zdb autocomplete features - how
> do I enable them?

Hmm, I thought I'd replied to this, but I wasn't subscribed to the
list at that point so maybe something went awry and I didn't notice.

Here it is again:

The master version of the bash completion script is at
https://github.com/Aneurin/zfs-bash. You can use it by sourcing it in
bash (or arranging for it to be sourced automatically when logging
in).

Note that this version is slightly changed versus the version
currently included in the packages. I've not mentioned this to anyone
yet as there are still further changes to come: currently I have some
local changes that teach it some new things (eg. bookmarks) and tweak
(improve, I think) the way snapshot names are suggested, but it needs
a little more time to iron out some issues and get a bit more testing
before I'm ready to push it.

NB: It's been several weeks now and I've not had the chance to
finalise these changes - at this point I think it's fair to expect
several weeks more.

Nye