[zfs-discuss] /home on zpool?

Kate Ward via zfs-discuss zfs-discuss at list.zfsonlinux.org
Thu May 7 04:51:52 EDT 2015

Dino, you can _definitely_ do this, and is something I've done for years.
Myself, I have my home directories in /export/home, and use the automounter
to dynamically mount the one I want. I do this because I share my home
directories via NFS (exported using the ZFS sharenfs property).

This is the setup I use.

$ zfs list  # truncated for demo
NAME                  USED  AVAIL  REFER  MOUNTPOINT
tankz                1.71T  3.48T   209K  none
tankz/e              1.58T  3.48T   232K  /export
tankz/e/home          114M  3.48T   114M  /export/home

k8

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 4:12 AM, Benjamin Smith via zfs-discuss <

Kate Ward <kate.ward at forestent.com>