[zfs-discuss] iostat on zvol

john casu john at chiraldynamics.com
Sun Sep 13 21:50:28 EDT 2015

respectfully, if someone would be kind enough to explain, it would be helpful to understand
the genesis of this decision.

Those of us who are trying to run Lustre over ZFS, including Lustre support from Intel, are
compelled to run our serverside on RHEL/Centos 6.X and its associated 2.6.32-x kernels for
the foreseeable future.

Obviously, it would be nice to be able to take advantage of the performance improvements in
zfs 0.6.5 without having to give up something important in return.  Or am I missing something?

many thanks

-john c.