[zfs-discuss] ZoL and "old" kernel support (Was: Re: iostat on zvol)

Durval Menezes durval.menezes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 12:39:03 EDT 2015

Hi Gordan,

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 1:05 PM, Gordan Bobic via zfs-discuss <

> Even in EL7, the kernel version is 3.10.x, far, far behind 3.19 required
> for the iostat feature.

Well put, so currently there's no way out in ZoL for those that need both
an EL kernel *and* accurate zvol iostats...

In fact, I checked and not even the Beast's UEK is a solution, being at
3.8.x for both EL6 and EL7:

http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL7/UEKR3/x86_64/

http://public-yum.oracle.com/repo/OracleLinux/OL6/UEKR3/latest/x86_64/

Cheers,