[zfs-discuss] Install issues of ZoL 0.6.5 on Debian 8.2

David Fuchs dave at f0x.ch
Sat Sep 19 20:25:48 EDT 2015

I am getting similar warnings with ZoL 6.5.0-3 from update-rc.d on 8.2,
although mine isn't outright refusing to enable the init scripts.

Even with the init scripts enabled, though, I get the following error
during boot: "/etc/init.d/zfs-import: sort: not found", and the pools are
not mounted. Something with the order and timing of script execution is
hosed, but I'm not entirely sure what it is.

It is possible to manually import and mount the volumes once the system is
up, by running /etc/init.d/zfs-{import,mount} or directly calling the
relevant zfs commands. If you're booting off a ZFS volume, things might get
a little trickier...

Best,
- Dave.

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 9:45 AM, ML mail via zfs-discuss <