[zfs-discuss] Install issues of ZoL 0.6.5 on Debian 8.2

ML mail mlnospam at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 21 05:56:16 EDT 2015

So I manually commented out the sort command from /etc/zfs/zfs-functions on line 584 and re-run an "apt-get upgrade" but unfortunately it still does not work as you can see below:

DKMS: install completed.
Setting up libuutil1 (0.6.5.1-2) ...
Setting up libnvpair1 (0.6.5.1-2) ...
Setting up libzpool2 (0.6.5.1-2) ...
Setting up libzfs2 (0.6.5.1-2) ...
Setting up zfsutils (0.6.5.1-2) ...
update-rc.d: warning: start and stop actions are no longer supported; falling back to defaults
update-rc.d: warning: start runlevel arguments (S) do not match zfs-zed Default-Start values (2 3 4 5)
insserv: Service zfs-mount has to be enabled to start service zfs-zed
insserv: exiting now!
update-rc.d: error: insserv rejected the script header
dpkg: error processing package zfsutils (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of debian-zfs:
debian-zfs depends on zfsutils; however:
Package zfsutils is not configured yet.

dpkg: error processing package debian-zfs (--configure):
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.19-18+deb8u1) ...
Processing triggers for initramfs-tools (0.120) ...
update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.16.0-4-amd64
zfsutils
debian-zfs

Any ideas what could now be wrong here?

On 2015-09-20 11:16, Sander Klein via zfs-discuss wrote:
> On 2015-09-20 02:25, David Fuchs via zfs-discuss wrote:
>> I am getting similar warnings with ZoL 6.5.0-3 from update-rc.d on
>> 8.2, although mine isn't outright refusing to enable the init scripts.
>>

>> Even with the init scripts enabled, though, I get the following error
>> during boot: "/etc/init.d/zfs-import: sort: not found", and the pools
>> are not mounted. Something with the order and timing of script
>> execution is hosed, but I'm not entirely sure what it is.
>
> This has been reported
> https://github.com/zfsonlinux/pkg-zfs/issues/166. You can fix it
> yourself by removing the sort from line 584 in /etc/init.d/zfs-import.

Hmmm, I wasn't awake I think. Line 584 of /etc/zfs/zfs-functions it

is...

Sander