[zfs-discuss] Luks Encrypted Cache drive

Thomas Joy twjoy333 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 22:14:29 EDT 2015

This might be due to bad detection of cache vdevs by blkid. A patch to
blkid has been merged, but I don't know if it will ever make it to Ubuntu
14.04.

I posted a dirty, bad, naughty, unsafe workaround at
https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/3092#issuecomment-73827321

The workaround involves dd'ing part of an ext2 image over the beginning of
your cache vdev, corresponding with an unused portion of the zfs label.

You may be better off forcing the patched blkid into your initramfs, but I
have 0 data loss with the ext2 bodge.

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 7:56 PM, Jonasz, Randall via zfs-discuss <