[zfs-discuss] ZFS and TRIMming procedures

Kash Pande kash at tripleback.net
Tue Apr 12 09:17:06 EDT 2016

This isn't true, not in all cases anyway. For systems with L2ARC, the
performance can slow to a crawl without occasionally removing the SSD,
running TRIM, and reinserting it. The performance will remain crap until
the L2ARC is full, and then eventually it slows again.

The new Nexenta TRIM support will help with this, when the l2arc devices
use TRIM.

Kash