[zfs-discuss] Prevent zpool import on CentOS7/systemd?

Dan Swartzendruber dswartz at druber.com
Tue Apr 12 15:34:07 EDT 2016

On 2016-04-12 15:30, Edmund White via zfs-discuss wrote:
> There’s probably no blessed way to do what you’re designing.
>
> But you should look at using the Red Hat Clustering option with
> Corosync/Pacemaker and the ZFS resource.
> Something very close to this guide works well:
> https://bm-stor.com/index.php/blog/Linux-cluster-with-ZFS-on-Cluster-in-a-Box/

I was actually doing something similar to this for awhile.  One of the
essential components is that you have to use '-f' when you import the
pool, since the current owner may be down/crashed/frozen.  But this
exposes you to pool corruption.  I don't remember where I saw this, but
the recommendation was to set cachefile=none to avoid the pool
auto-importing on boot.  I thought I remembered that systemd should not
be importing such pools, but it would be easy enough for the OP to
confirm this...