[zfs-discuss] zpool import -f from FreeBSD - long time

Luis P. Mendes luislupe at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 10:58:19 EDT 2016

Hi,

I had some pools running in an up-to-date FeeBSD 10-STABLE system, but
had to change OS and wanted to import one of the pools.  The pool
corresponds to most of a 2TB disk with some children filesystems.

When doing `zpool import` in the Linux box (using the latest 0.6.5.6),
the system says that:

state: ONLINE
status: The pool was last accessed by another system
action: The pool can be imported using its name or numeric identifier
and the '-f' flag
config: toshiba0  ONLINE
            sda           ONLINE

So, I did a 'zpool import -f toshiba0'.

In the first try, the command ran over 48 hours and I killed it.
Tried again, and it's already running for 15+ hours.  Htop says it's
only running for 5h38m, maybe because process state varies between R
and D status.  CPU is at 34-36%.

Is this normal behavior?  Do I have to wait how long? Are there any
other commands to get useful info about the importation?

Thanks,

Luis