[zfs-discuss] I/O Perf of RAID0 vs RAID10

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Wed Apr 20 20:04:25 EDT 2016

On 04/20/2016 06:08 PM, Lindsay Mathieson via zfs-discuss wrote:
> I was wondering if given identical disks (2 vs 4), a RAID10 array would
> outperform a RAID0 Array.

So we're comparing these?
1) zpool create tank mirror A B mirror C D
2) zpool create tank A B C D

1 has half the capacity of 2.

1 can survive any single disk failure, and two disk failures if they
happen to be from different mirror groups. 2 can survive no failures.

They have the same read IOPS: four times a single disk.

1 has the write IOPS of two disks. 2 has the write IOPS of 4 disks.

--
Richard