[zfs-discuss] Migrating raidz2 to more drives

Jan Schermer jan at schermer.cz
Wed Dec 7 09:12:42 EST 2016

The chassis has 24(+2) drive slots, the plan is to have 3x raidz2 of 8 drives.
All the drives are SSDs (Intel S3610), so resilvering is not really an issue, I think we easily could have gone with 24 drives in one raidz2 :-)
The storage itself is in fact redunant as well, but due to architecture on top of that we can lose thin provisioning after doing maintenance when data is resyncing from the other storages, that's why I don't want to bring the pool down.

Thanks
Jan