[zfs-discuss] Wheezy packages?

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Fri Dec 9 23:30:45 EST 2016

On Sat, Dec 10, 2016 at 7:14 AM, Zak Smith via zfs-discuss <

> I might haul off and make the packages myself, we'll have to see.

Zak, if you need Wheezy ZoL packages, building the packages yourself might
be the best solution. And then if you feel that the packages are useful to
other wheezy users, and you're willing to spend the resource (including
time to maintain it), you might be able to ask ZoL maintainers to take over
Turbo's work, or create a public repository (it can actually be on github
pages, no need for a separate webhosting).

The last source package for wheezy should be 0.6.5.7,
https://github.com/zfsonlinux/pkg-spl/tree/master/debian/wheezy
If you're lucky, you might be able to update it to 0.6.5.8 by simply
merging latest upstream changes.

The other method you can try, is to try backporting jessie-backport's
packages to wheezy. It's possible that you might need to make adjustments
there as well (e.g. systemd -> sysvinit).

--
Fajar