[zfs-discuss] How to get the actual ZFS dataset size & how to recover a ZFS dataset?

Nick Gilmour nickeforos at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 12:39:22 EST 2016

Hi Gregor,

thanks for your response!
The server is down. Making full block-level copies of the drives to work on
is almost impossible. I don't have so much free capacity all at one place
and I have a spent a lot of money to build the new server.

Thanks for the link. I have already this and I've already tested on a VM
I've set up for this reason. But unfortunately it doesn't work and the
reason is, there is an open bug since 2014 preventing the rollback:
https://github.com/zfsonlinux/zfs/issues/2452

The good news are there is a patch which I'm about to try soon. But Is it
really like this? ZFS has not recovery tools or recovery mechanisms? There
is no other way to recover my data? I find it hard to believe.

Nick