[zfs-discuss] install zfs on debian jessie fails

John Allen johnbenallen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 14:53:25 EST 2016

My understanding (possibly wrong) is that a patched version of the zfs-dkms
Debian package (0.6.5.8-2), which fixes the compile issue under the latest
Debian testing kernel 4.8.0-2-amd64) is already in Debian unstable (sid)
since 17 December, see
https://packages.qa.debian.org/z/zfs-linux.html

I wondered why it had not already been moved into Debian testing after 5
days, like previous zfs-dkms versions, but then I found an explanation: in
the current "feature freeze" status of Debian testing, package migrations
require 10 days in unstable rather than the normal 5:
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/301449/debian-testing-caveats-with-feature-freeze/301455

This means that the zfs-dkms version 0.6.5.8-2 should normally appear in
Debian testing on 27 December.

Of course this doesn't immediately resolve Manfred's issue, but presumably
it's a step towards making this version available in Jessie backports. In
case of urgency, it may be possible to install this version from Debian
unstable.

John

On 25 December 2016 at 20:27, Manfred Braun via zfs-discuss <