[zfs-discuss] Cheap arm64 development board

Romain Dolbeau romain at dolbeau.org
Wed Dec 28 05:38:21 EST 2016

<zfs-discuss at list.zfsonlinux.org>:
> I found an arm 64 bit development board with ample ram that does not cost
> 300$ like all the others. The pine64 is only 29$usd.

There's a lot of choice of A53s with neither ECC nor SATA for
$30-$100. They might not be a good fit for ZFS, since ECC is
considered by many a must...

Since the AMD A1100 SoC is nowhere to be found, and the X-Gene boards
are quite expensive (but at least they exist), the only one I found so
far is a development board:
<https://www.solid-run.com/marvell-armada-family/armada-8040-community-board/>.
More expensive than the plethora of basic Aarch64 SBC, but you get
A72s, ECC, SATA and 10 GbE. At least that's the claim, I haven't got
one yet.

Cordially,

--
Romain Dolbeau