[zfs-discuss] extended attributes in zfs

Andreas Dilger adilger at dilger.ca
Sat Dec 31 13:10:43 EST 2016

The 'e' attr is specific to ext4 - "extent mapped file".  The 'I' attr is immutable, and that _should_ also be supported for ZFS, along with 'a' append-only and a few others.

Run "strace setattr +I file" and "strace lsattr file" to verify that the ioctl is working properly on ZFS, since that isolates the problem from rsync.

Cheers, Andreas