[zfs-discuss] question about creating a mirrored pools from multiple devices

Kurt Strosahl strosahl at jlab.org
Tue Feb 2 16:51:39 EST 2016

In an attempt to increase I/O performance I'm trying to deploy a kind of pool I've never deployed before.

I have twelve disks to work with, and the configuration I'd like to have at the end is a three way mirror composed of 4-disk stripes...

Say that I have disks labled d1-d12...

what I'd like is to have the following as a single striped devices (raid0): d1-d4, d5-d8, d9-d12
then create a three way mirror across those devices.

But I'm not sure how to get zpool create to do that...  or if it is even possible.

w/r,
Kurt J. Strosahl
System Administrator
Scientific Computing Group, Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility