[zfs-discuss] slow directory retrieval in non redundant pool

covici at ccs.covici.com covici at ccs.covici.com
Wed Feb 3 21:06:45 EST 2016

Hi.  I have a pool, non redundant on two 1tb hds and one of my
directories has  several thousand entries.  I am noticing that when
doing a shell completion it can take a couple of seconds before I get
the choices.  I never saw this when using ext4.  Is this expected
behavior?  Anything I can do about such a thing?

I do have
CONFIG_DEFAULT_DEADLINE=y in the running kernel.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici