[zfs-discuss] FreeBSD - Disallow zvol-backed ZFS pools

Kash Pande kashpande at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 22:51:44 EST 2016

I don't think this is an issue for ZFS on Linux. I have not had
deadlocks of this sort, and honestly, FreeBSD shouldn't either. Their
ZFS and other kernel bits are even more tightly integrated than ZFS with
Linux - there is no reason to disable pools on zvol..

I have had my fair share on deadlocks in FreeBSD with ZFS that seem to
get this sort of treatment from the developers, Oh is too hard to really
fix so we'll just prevent whatever thing you were trying to do ;-)

I certainly hope we can fix deadlocks instead of ignoring them.

Kash