[zfs-discuss] Does ZFS On Linux need TLER?

Ole Traupe ole.traupe at tu-berlin.de
Tue Feb 16 05:03:15 EST 2016

I have read that WD Reds and Greens are essentially the same hardware
and that you can simpley adjust the default TLER timout on Greens (the
usual way) as well as disable the WD Intellipark feature (that parks the
head every 8 s) by means of the 'wdidle3' tool.

Can somebody confirm or refute this?

Ole