[zfs-discuss] Does ZFS On Linux need TLER?

Gordan Bobic gordan.bobic at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 06:15:13 EST 2016

I've only had about 20% of my WD greens fail within the warranty period.

Compared to Seagates which were at about 200% failure rate within the
warranty period (this was back when desktop grade drives still came with 5
years' warranty, which went away about 7 years ago).

I had my first ever HGST drive failure a few months back (didn't fail
completely, but it was near the end of it's warranty and started to rapidly
build up reallocated sectors, so I sent it back before the warranty ran
out).

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 11:09 AM, Roger Bell_West via zfs-discuss <