[zfs-discuss] ZFS on single drive?

Ryan How ryan at bitworks.com.au
Wed Jan 6 00:55:05 EST 2016

Can I suggest setting failmode to continue on the pool so it doesn't
hang on failure.

Has anyone got any recommendations with that?

In the event of total disk failure I would feel that the data isn't as
recoverable, but others opinions may differ. You should have backups
anyway. I've had some pretty dead ext4 drives that I've managed to run
ddrescue and retrieve a good portion of the data. I don't think you'd
recover ZFS as easily. - But that said you should always have backups
unless you don't care about your data.

Ryan