[zfs-discuss] Trying to install ZFS on CentOS 7.2-1511

Kostya Berger bergerkos at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 8 16:57:16 EST 2016

Yea, I asked the same question to Slackware authors, who by default install GCC without its dependency "devel" files without which it's absolutely useless in the fullest sense of the word. Never got back any reply at all.
 With kindest regards,
Kostya Berger

    On Friday, 8 January 2016, 23:27, Stefan Ring via zfs-discuss <zfs-discuss at list.zfsonlinux.org> wrote:

 On Fri, Jan 8, 2016 at 10:14 PM, Ruben Kelevra <ruben at vfn-nrw.de> wrote:
> Because development tools are never set as dependency. Nor under CentOS neither any other distribution I used to admin.
>
> If you want to compile software you'll need all needed development tools.

It's not a matter of wanting to, it's a necessity. A dkms setup is
quite useless without a compiler.